Intermediate Level: Two Day Course.
What to expect...
1) A warm welcome and brew of your choice, starting the course at a reasonable 10am.
2) Followed by a brief safety chat and an opportunity to ask questions.
3) The day will start with the practice of traditional turning.
4) You will then be instructed in the turning/production techniques that you will require to create a three legged stool (milking stool style).
5) Finish around 3pm with a summary of the day and an opportunity to ask any further questions over a cuppa of your choice. (On day two you will hopefully be as pleased with your creation, as Chris was. We will also give advice on any "finishes" you may want to apply to the stool when you get home).
6) The emphasis on the day is enjoyment. Plus improving your skill in a relaxed enviroment, with the hope that you will want to continue to keep this style of wood turning alive and well.
Please note that this course is split over two days to allow for both practice of more advanced turning and the seasoning (drying) of the stool legs that you will be making. The course is based on the production of a three legged stool (milking stool style) with an emphasis on greater accuracy and tool control. The days will be divided by approximately six weeks to allow for adequate seasoning of the turned legs. We ask that students have some previous experience either on our "Beginners" course or with another traditional turner. (Machine lathe experience is not appropriate as traditional turning has differing skill sets to learn).