Introduction to Traditional Wood Turning Course.
1) A warm welcome and brew of your choice, starting the course at a reasonable 10am.
2) Followed by a brief safety chat and an opportunity to ask questions.
3) The day will start with the selection of wood and then it's preparation prior to turning on the pole lathe. This will involve the use of a "froe" (splitting tool); hand axe; drawknife and shave horse.
4) You will then be instructed in the basic turning techniques that you will require to create a "dibber" or simple project of your choice.
5) Finish around 3pm with a summary of the day and an opportunity to ask any further questions over a cuppa of your choice.
6) The emphasis on the day is enjoyment. Plus gaining a new skill in a relaxed enviroment, with the hope that you will want to continue to keep this style of wood turning alive and well.
Introduction to Traditional Wood Turning Course £95 per person with no more than two people per course or £120.00 per person for individual tuition. Courses run on any available Saturday. Please see the "remaining dates available..." section at the bottom of the Home Page. Home
To book "Contact Me".
(If you wish to learn alongside a friend or members of your family we can cater for couples/small groups as well)
Dates available for wood turning courses are flexible as we don't have to 'fill places' to run a course.